The salient facts are as follows:
- Virtually every civilization that came before ours is now gone because they did use their resources wisely, e.g. the Samarians in 600 BC, the Aztecs, the Mayans, the Norsemen from Greenland and the Easter Islanders, just to name a few.
- Modern civilization is in the process of doing the exact same thing today.
- Global warming is a global problem and it must have a global response.
- Both National Governments and multinational corporations have a vested interest in maintain the status quo and neither one seems willing to make the really difficult decision needed to put our planet on a more sustainable path.
- The general public’s awareness for the climate change associated with global warming is increasing every day. But the public, as individuals, has no power to confront global issues.
- The ONLY way mankind can put the world on a path to sustainability is if people find someway to organize the global community and thereby focus attention on what many believe to be “The greatest threat mankind has ever faced.” (Quoted from a petition sent the United Nations in 1995 and signed by 104 our of 110 living Nobel Laureates in the sciences.)
- CONCLUSION: The EARTH-SHIP(c) is the first global, people-to-people program the world has ever seen.
Help start the movement to stop the madness. If we all work together we can make a difference. The trip of a thousand miles begins with the first step. EARTH-SHIP is a good first step.